1 of or relating to or at an equator; "equatorial diameter"
2 of or relating to conditions at the geographical equator; "equatorial heat"
3 of or existing at or near the geographic equator; "equatorial Africa" [ant: polar]
Equatorial has different meanings:
- In geography it relates to the equator of the Earth.
- In geometry, it refers to the ring-shaped outer boundary of the cross-section of a round three dimensional shape or object, perpendicular to its long or major axis, at the object's midpoint or point of greatest radius (as in the equator of the Earth).
- In chemistry it relates to an equatorial bond or the plane of a molecule, the opposite of axial.
- Equatorial Guinea, a country in Central Africa
- In astronomy, equatorial coordinates are using a coordinate system based on the equatorial plane of the Earth
- Meaning the center of someone or something.
- Also in astronomy, may refer to a particular telescope mount called an equatorial mount
equatorial in German: Äquatorial
equatorial in French: Équatorial
aestival, amidships, average, blood-hot, blood-warm, calid, central, core, equidistant, genial, halfway, interior, intermediary, intermediate, luke, lukewarm, mean, medial, median, mediocre, mediterranean, medium, mesial, mezzo, mid, middle, middlemost, middling, midland, midmost, midships, midway, mild, nuclear, room-temperature, subtropical, summery, sunny, sunshiny, temperate, tepid, thermal, thermic, toasty, tropical, unfrozen, warm, warm as toast, warmish